easy shop badge

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Quilting AdventuresI


This past weekend my mom and I were supposed to go to the Roslyn Quilt Show. Due to some scheduling hick ups I was unable to get the correct day off from work. So instead we spent the day working on one of her quilts. This quilt top belongs to her boss. This quilt was a gift from her boss' mother the fabrics collected on her travel adventures. Last November mom and I bought the fabric for the borders and backing.

Sunday we spent the day sewing the boarders and getting the backing ready. The last thing we did was load the quilt onto my quilting frame. We had already decided that we would hand tie the quilt. Tonight we got together after dinner and hand tied the quilt.

close up shot of the quilt squares

My Mom
The quilt is almost finished.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kathy, I haven't seen your mom in 15 years! Thanks for the pictures. She is look'n great. Tell her I said hello.