easy shop badge

Monday, August 2, 2010

The Quilt Gathering 2010


Each opportunity I have a for a road trip is always exciting. I like being able to just let the miles cruise beneath the wheels of the car soaking up the scenery as I drive by. Friday afternoon I headed East and North to Okonagan, Washington. My adventures took me East over Snoqualmie Pass and then North over Blewette Pass. As I was driving a long it hit me that I have traveled this road many times during my teenage years on my way up to Silver Star Mountain for family ski trips. I don't remember the section of road between Wenatchee and Okonogan along the river....All I can say is that I must have had my nose buried in a book...

My destination was the 10th Annual Quilt Gathering for my friend Mo's family. The women in her family gathering each to honor their grandmother's life. We eat, quilt, socialize, sleep a little bit, share our projects from the past year and quilt some more.




Pictures from the quilt gathering can be found here.



Mo's mom made individual goodie bags for everyone coming to the quilt gathering. Each bag was personalized to the individual. Everyone brings a little something to add to each person's bag.

No comments: