easy shop badge

Thursday, August 5, 2010

All good things must come to end:)

I've been enjoying the last seven days off from work...but I must return to work tomorrow morning to begin my usual work week of three twelve hour shifts followed by fours days off.

My husband took an extra day off work this week so we got to enjoy three days off together in a row. A rare treat for us. Tuesday we enjoyed a lazy day of sleeping in, dog walking and going out for ramen in the international district. Wednesday Paul had a craving for our favorite pizza restaurant in Portland so we headed South and arrived just in time for Apizza Scholls to open for dinner. Along the way we stopped at the Bayside quilting store in Olympia and after dinner we checked out Twisted a knitting store in Portland. Although I was not in the market to purchase any quilting or knitting supplies I did find some very interesting yarn. If you are the type that wants to purchase items that were made close to home you can now buy yarn that was made in Oregon using sustainable practices check out the imperial ranch.

Just today Paul and I went berry picking for the first time together. Growing up in the Snoqualmie Valley I went berry picking several times with my mom. So today was a first time with Paul. Hopefully it will be one of many time for Paul and I enjoy harvesting our food. My kitchen adventures is a topic for another post soon to come.

Tomorrow I head back to work full of fun memories of my week away from work.

No comments: