easy shop badge

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Stitch n Bitch BBQ Tonight

Tonight Paul and I hosted a BBQ at home for my stitch n bitch friends and their significant others. Blenda got a quite a workout tonight making the marinade for our chicken kabobs, salsa, and humus. One of my favorite food blogs that I follow posted a Minty Chicken - Zucchini Kabobs recipe. The Whole Life Nutrition blog is a wonderful source of food information and recipes that good and healthy to make. Our menu for the evening included the kabobs and brats for the meat eaters, black bean veggie burgers for the non meat eaters, with sides of potato salad, and chips with salsa and hummus.

My friends Jane and Rachel were very impressed by the power of my dear "blenda". They watched in awe as I added sesame seeds, lemon juice with seeds and pulp, garbanzo beans and then just started blending away. The hummus was exquisite.

It was fun to have just a few friends over for dinner tonight.


No comments: