easy shop badge

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Patio Garden Update

Paul and I have really been enjoying living back in Queenanne this summer. Last week we went to farmers market just a few blocks from our home. We were a little disappointmented because it seemed like there were more local food vendor's than there were people selling farm fresh produce.

My garden is a little bit behind the vegetables available in the farmers market. But hopefully we will have a good crop of zuccini this year.

My tomato herb box has been doing really well. I think next year this box will be exclusively just herbs and maybe some strawberry plants I'm going to get from a friend in Bellingham. Apparently her strawberry plants grow like weeds in her garden. Lois I'm coming to visit and steal strawberry plants soon. My tomato plants could use a little more sunshine.


This one of my favorite containers that I planted this year. It has a mix of nasturians and sugar snap peas. I planted a matching container with beans and sweet peas, its not doing as well since the puppies apparently like to eat the leaves off the bean plants. So hopefully it will catchup to my sugar snap peas soon since I've moved it out of the puppie relm.

My cold frame boxes are doing really well so far. Paul and I will be enjoying fresh celery soon and hopefully some beets soon.


Our patio is divided into two sections - garden and social intermixed with garden. This is the garden section. You can see the peas climbing up the netting on one side with brussel sprouts in front and beans on the other side.


A good view of the social intermixed with garden side of the patio.



No comments: