easy shop badge

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Quilt Gathering 2009


So my friend Mo's family has a quilt gathering each summer among the women in her family. I've been invited to attend for last few years, but due to my work schedule I was never able to attend. At the beginning of summer I decided that come 'hell or high water' I was going to the quilt gathering. One of my coworkers graciously agreed to trade work schedules with me for a week so that I could have the weekend free to attend the gathering. With Paul being the hospital and not knowing the extent of what his outpatient treatment would involve I almost didn't get to go...thankfully I didn't have to swim through any high water....

Monday - Labor Day I dropped Mo off at Mowich Lake so that she could hike the Wunderland Trail on Mount Rainer for 12 days....(At this time -- 12 days of hiking 90 plus miles and sleeping on the ground does not sound like my idea of fun -- but you never know what the future holds for you). Fast forward to last Saturday morning - I loaded up the car with most of my quilting gear leaving a little bit of room of Mo's pack...I didn't think I would be repacking the car at Mowich Lake so that Mo and her hiking companions could all fit in the car....it was tight squeeze but everyone and gear fit into my little baja.



I had a great time at the quilt gathering. Mo and her Aunt Mary really helped me get started in the right direction for the American Hero Quilt that I'm working on.

Pieces of my American Hero Quilt. A few years ago I was given a bag of fabric scraps and there were four or five completed quilt squares and a few more centers done. My challenge was figuring out what size to cut the triangles and the squares to duplicate the completed quilt squares.





There were some big four legged visitors at the cabin in Packwood where the quilt gathering was held.

No comments: