easy shop badge

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Garden 2009 Update!

It seems like I have been waiting for a really long time to get my garden started this year. Back in February, my husband, Paul built me three boxes for my square foot garden. Here are all three boxes set up with trellis'.



As a wedding present Paul's mom gave a gift certificate to Magnolia Garden center. I've been saving it since September so that I could buy our garden starts, pictured below. Three types of lettuce, one tomato plant (not pictured), two types of onions, leeks, broccoli, one raspberry plant and one blueberry bush.







One of the three boxes planted with lettuce, onions, and broccoli.


I'm experimenting with my tomato plants. I'm going to try the vine method of growing, my squarefoot gardening book said to cut off all the branches on my tomato starts and plant the tomato plant horizontally with just the tip sticking out of the soil. Pictured above are the left over branches waiting for roots to grow.



My amazing husband, put together this fabulous drip watering system for my boxes. He used our old soaker house and a regular garden house and some connected them all. There is a section of regular hose going between each box with just the soakers in the boxes.



I need to include some cute pictures of my four legged children. I couldn't get Samanth to smile for the camera, though. Jasper knew just what to do and looked right into the camera and smiled.



No comments: