easy shop badge

Monday, March 9, 2009

One plane ride from tropical paradise to the snowy Northwest

Paul and I had a great time in Kauai last week. We went snorkeling, and adventuring to almost every corner of the island.



For those of you who are Elivis fans, we stayed within a coconut's throw of the once famous resort Coco Palms. It was my grandmother's favorite place in Hawaii. Coco Palms is the only hotel that is still shuttered from Hurricane Iniki in 1992.



Since Paul and I visited Arizona's Grand Canyon last June we thought it only appropriate that we visit Hawaii's Grand Canyon Waimea Canyon. The views that we were able to see were beautiful, unfortunately the best views were clouded over so we will have to visit the island again when the weather is better.



Once we traveled above the waterfall we were clouded in and no more views could be seen.




I will be at stitch n bitch this week. Anyone who needs a ride please let me know by leaving a comment or shooting me an email.

No comments: