easy shop badge

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Gardening Update

Well I've started harvesting the lettuce from my garden! Here a few pictures of everything growing from seed.





In this bed I have leeks, spinach, watermelon radishes , three types of beets, red onions, tomatoes, peas, and asparagus.




This is the bed that is filled my lettuce starts that I purchased, so Paul and I wouldn't have to wait so long to start enjoying our garden. I'm anxiously waiting for the broccoli to be ready for harvest. I planted broccoli and waited to long and discovered that broccoli plants have pretty yellow flowers. Not this year...


In this fabulous bed I have lettuce, spinach, Easter egg radishes, three types of beans, okra, brussels sprouts, and lettuce....

1 comment:

mo said...

Wow, looks fabulous. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but your plants are far ahead of Smokey's on our balcony. We ate lettuce all summer last year and probably will again this year. Everything else is unknown.